時間

Thursday 29 August 2013

FANFIC- FRAGMENTS OF MEMORIES(6)

I woke up with a heavy, dizzy head. Tsk, I had a terrible nightmare last night that Len kissed me at the beach near the shore. Urgh, I hoped it’s not. Too stupidly realistic. Oh right, today is my birthday. I almost forgot. After a long shower, I went downstairs. No one, maybe mom is at the mall and dad is of course at his office. I watched the TV while eating muffins. Hmm,… the TV nowadays are boring. Next, next…oh, Adventure Time! Cool, the episode of Finn with her girlfriend, Flame Princess.

RING DING DONG. Just a few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Eh, did mom forget her keys? Aish, so lazy to get up. Lazily I walked towards the door. The longer I took, the louder the doorbell rang. Oh god, I hate loud noises so early in the morning. This really ruins my weekends. And it was my birthday today, cant anyone gave me a time of peace? RING DING DONG! RING DING DONG!

“Mom! I got it, just stop ringing the damn bell. It spoiled my mood! Eh…? Len?”

“Hey, sorry to disturb you princess. Err,… I was planning to take you for a date around town since it’s your birthday today. So can you go and change your dress first? Oh right, your mom is in my house so don’t bother calling her.

He said that with his blushing face turning away with his hands on his eyes, sometimes peeking at me. Is something wrong? Did I smell bad? Is my face that bad every morning like I always thought? Oh my gosh,… I’m just wearing my tank top right now? This is so embarrassing! I need to change!

“Eto,… wait. I’ll go upstairs to change. You sit here.”

“Here? You meant on the floor?”

“Urgh, go sit there. In the living room. Go watch Adventure Time or whatever. Do whatever you want. Just,… stay in the house, get it?”

“Okay, daisy. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you. I’ll wait. But urm,… no Adventure Time for me.”

Totally ignoring him, I ran upstairs. Mom is to mean, urgh,… she didn’t even asked my permission for this. Look how embarrassing I am right now. I ransacked my closet. Hmm,… anything pretty here? Anything? After almost all my clothes thrown on the bed,…

“Wait. What am I thinking? I’m just going to go out with that psycho, not that I’m going a date with Jeremy Shada or something.”

After half an hour, I choose a black Nicoletta Pintuck t-shirt from GUESS with a white ice color Waist Drop Skinny Levis’ jean. Before going out, I once again looked into the mirror with the model poses I took from Model Runaway. After I was satisfied, I hurriedly went downstairs again. But went upstairs again to take my cell phone from the desk.

Slowly I took my steps down the stairs to make me unnoticed. I saw the lights from the TV. Adventure Time? Tsk,… I thought no Adventure Time for him. Is he messing with me or what? Quietly, I entered the living room. KRUH KROH. I glanced at the sofa. My eyes widened, Len is sleeping. Quiet, quiet me. I sat down beside him. I brushed his yellow long hairs away with my eyes staring at him. I’m so nervous, my heart was beating like crazy. DUP DAP! I patted his head a few times. DASH! He suddenly woke up with his muscular hands tightened on mine. I was startled at fist. Gosh, I almost had a heart attack.

“Well,… I was expecting you to kiss or hug me or something.”

“On this situation, you don’t really have the right to call me a pervert after what you did. You just sexually harassed me when I was sleeping.”

“Well,… I don’t. Err,… you wasn’t sleeping anyway.”

“Haha, you figured it out? Well whatever princess. Come on, don’t want to waste anytime more now.”

I went outside and saw a big motorbike outside.

“Hop on! It’s not like we’re going around by bicycle, we don’t have the whole day.”

I grabbed his back and tried getting on. It’s not my fault, it was my first time anyway. As I was scared, I grabbed his back tightly. He laughed so loudly that I hit his head.

“Ouch, that hurts! Grab tight, I’m going faster.”

Len’s bike was going fast but with constant speed. The scenery was very beautiful. The feeling of gushing wind flowing towards me and the early air that was very refreshing. I let my hairs flow with the wind. The sea looks pretty up the hills. Len said that he’ll go there this evening and he’ll bringing us to a famous cake shop for breakfast first.

After 10 minutes of journey, we arrived at a shop. Len parked his bike on a parking spot that got his name on it. Huh, is this his shop?

“KAORU’S CAKE HOUSE.”

I read the signboard on the shop, well it was not his name.

“Yeah, Kaoru’s my mom’s name. so technically this is my family’s shop. My dad runs this shop but now his gone so it’s kind of mine now.”

“Oh sorry for the loss. Nice shop by the way.”

Len pushed the door opened. From outside, I can smell the delicious aroma of cakes overflowing inside my nose. I can feel my mouth watering. Len took me to meet his workers. But I had my eyes fixed on the strawberry cake that Len decided to let me eat first. He must be thinking of me as a monster that loves to eat.

“One cut of those strawberry cakes and a glass of strawberry milk for this princess. As for me, the usual one.”

Len ordered at the one with the nametag ‘Wig’ on.

“Hmm,…so how did you know I likes strawberry milk?”

“Well, you got a mug with ‘I love Strawberry’ sticker on it and you always eat or drink anything with strawberries in it. So yeah, not that hard to guess.”

“Oh, right.”

One of the workers introduced himself as Bob. He gave me my cake and milk and a cup of cappuccino to Len. Bob was kind of cute with his ‘bob’ haircut. Then, Izz and Wing joined us to properly introduce themselves to me. They all were nice guys that they were very nice with the customers, no wonder the business were moving well. They were making jokes of me and Len as a couple and Len seems happy with that. Hm,,..well I’m not that angry anyway, lol. Apparently, Bob, Izz, and Wing are all his cousins that are helping his mom with the shop and they were quite reliable. Then, everyone wished me and gave a bug cake with lots of small strawberries on it. I thanked them and moved on.

Next, Len took me to the lake. There were quite a lot of peoples in the park. Almost everyone were jogging and exercising. I can’t even remember the last time I did all that? He took me to the playground that was quite full of children. We played with the swings and Len was kind enough to push me at the back. After almost half an hour, Len was tired and we went to the lake to feed the fishes there. Len bought some fish foods near the stalls there. The fishes were damn huge must be because the residents there were too nice to feed them every day.

“So Len, why were you always blushing when you saw the first time?”

“Err,…no. You see. Eto,… how to explain this. You,… really looked like my favourite artist, Zatsune Miki.
Your name is almost the same too. Haha,… “

“Oh,… I see. Okay then.”

Our conversation ended like that. I rolled my eyes, who is Zatsune Miki anyway?

Len took me to a nearby big, shady tree.

“Wait here.”

He then ran somewhere. I laid my back against the tree before noticing his back that was thrown on the tree’s big roots. I stared at it for a while before getting up and ransacked it. I took the opportunity to check all his things. I found a town map, seems like some of the places was circled. Maybe he was planning to take me there. A few money inside the bag mostly coins, a book titled ‘Are you okay with cancer’ and an earplugs. Oh,… his phone. Now that I thought about it, I didn’t even have his phone number yet when he got mine. I took it and exchanged our numbers myself. After some time, Len came back with a chocolate ice-cream in one hand and a strawberry one in the other. We ate it while chatting stuffs about school. Seems like Kaito and Luka were a couple after all. I smiled, good for you two. I was surprised that a squirrel ran past me that I accidentally hit the ice-cream on my cheeks. Len looked at me and I froze. He came nearer and nearer until he stopped near my face. I stay quiet as I was scared and kept my eyes closed. He then wiped the ice-cream on my face before bursting out laughing. My scared face was too funny, he said. Oh geez,… I hit his several times until he apologized. I hate him,… a lot.

Len took some time to show me around town like the mall, bus stop, market, stalls and schools. After a meal at the Mc Donald’s we went straight home.

It’s night when we arrived. And Len finally took me to the beach as he promised. It was dark, quiet and no one was around except us. Len walked towards the shore and I followed behind. When we got there, the sky was filled with beautiful fireworks. Beautiful, explosive, captivating. Fireworks in the night sky can make even the most brilliant of men forget for a moment, the warmth of the gentle flame awaiting us faithfully. It was pretty, beautiful, colorful and all the words that are synonyms to it. We sat down and enjoyed it.

One, two, three…

Four, five,…

Six, seven, and an eight,…

Nine and… ten.

The last one ended with a blast. That wasn’t a mere coincidence they’re making doing fireworks on my birthday.

“You prepared all this?”

“Yes, Otanjoubi omedetou, Miku.”

He whispered in my ear and leaned near to kiss me. I kept my eyes closed, expecting a kiss.

“Ouch, that hurts.”

He pressed my nose, smiling.

“What was you expecting, daisy?”

I got up and walked away from him, sulking.He yanked me back.His arms were all around me and he had a sweet aroma around him. I weakly recognized the fragrance of vanilla and something flowery, but I couldn’t recall its name. The scent of his neck flowed into my nose and caused the little hairs on my arms to stand straight up. He pressed my body against his and I felt how a strange warmth started to grow in my stomach.  He leaned down, and I tipped my head to accept his kiss. I tried not to think about how uncomfortable our extreme height difference suddenly seemed. All I knew is that it was soft and sweet and magical…My's eyes fluttered closed, my knees went weak, butterflies were turning pirouettes in my stomach, my skin was tingling, blood singing, fireworks were exploding behind my eyelids.

I opened my eyes when he moved away. He smiled when my face were flustered red.  I watched his as he crouched down, playing with the water. I joined him and the situation suddenly turned weird. I tried to talk but words were not coming out. After a while, he stood up and threw his hand towards me and I took it and got up too.

“You know, Miku. There was really no one named Zatsune Miki but I used to call a girl with that name. We both were still small that time and we were neighbors in Tokyo. She was sweet, so small and short, innocent looking, cry-baby and what melts me were her sweetest smile. We used to play a lot back then. I always took her to play at the park and when we came back late, our mom will get mad on us. And then time when I always protected her form the dogs of our neighborhood when we got back from kindergarten and the way she always called me a hero back then which makes me bit proud of it, heh.  But that doesn’t last long as she moved away. The last time I saw her was when I bought an ice-cream for her in the park. Then, she moved the next the day without telling anything.”

Len looks sad and frustrated that he looked like he was about to cry. I felt the urged to ask him.

“Who is she?”

Len went nearer to me. He placed both his hands on my shoulders. His face went nearer of mine and tears were falling down his cheeks. Then, he spoke.

“It’s you, Miku.”

My eyes widened. Len looked away. My mind went blank. I don’t know why but I ran away, leaving Len behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment