時間

Thursday 29 August 2013

FANFIC- FRAGMENTS OF MEMORIES(5)

Kling! Kling! Kling! My head felt dizzy. God damn, who the heck would call someone this early? Wait,… would it be that? I grabbed my cell phone and answered the call.

“Hello? Dad?”

“Finally, you’re awake! I’ve called you almost 15 times. I thought you’re fainted or already died in the room. Get ready and let’s go to school together.”

Tch,… I seriously thought it was dad. But then it’s Len.

“Wait, how do you know my number?”

“Oh,… Luka gave it to me. Well it’s not that hard to get though.”

Argh, I’m gonna kill her! I turned off the call first and resumed sleeping. The bed feels so warm and comfy and fluffy that it’s so hard to get up. ZZZ… BANG! BANG! Argh,… why does everyone likes to disturb me? I walked sleepily towards the door. Why does mom knocked my door so early? When I opened it, Len was in his uniform holding a bowl of cereal. Give me a break already. Wait a minute,… I’m in my pajamas and my head was like a total mess!

“Get out! What are you even doing here?”

“Okay, I get it. Your mom said I need to wake up you again as she knew your habit of sleeping back.”

I slammed the door. When did mom became his comrade? Huh,… this is really depressing. I got ready within minutes and went down. Mom was talking with Len and it was about me! That’s so embarrassing. I sat opposite Len and grabbed my favorite strawberry milk. Len looked at me when I poured it in my mug. What, is it that weird to drink this?

After eating a slice of bread, I said goodbye to mom and went outside to grab my bicycle. Len went back to take his’. We stopped at Family Mart to buy bento. I bought a small set of bento and a bottle of strawberry milk from the vender machine there. Len looked at me weirdly again. Is it that wrong to drink this?

We arrived at 7.45a.m. Still 15 minutes before class started. We went to the bicycle parking spot to lock our bicycles. Luka and Kaito chatted with me when I saw them there. And when I looked back, Len was gone, like I’ve expected. Gakupo-sensei was still absent today so the class was very noisy. The weirdest thing was Len was there. In the early classes! Which is a bot weird because he usually skips it. Maybe he doesn't have to report the incident to the discipline teacher anymore. But he was not sitting on his place. He dragged his chair to one of the hot girls of our class. I think her name is Akita Neru.

Akita-chan was very pretty that it’s not that weird when all the boys hang out around her but the thought of Len seems a bit weird. I mean Len usually doesn't really takes any interest in girls. They were laughing and talking loudly which makes me a bit jealous that I bit my lip and clenched my fist.
Wait,… am I jealous? No,… no I’m not! That’s stupid! I walked away and sat beside Luka and Kaito with a moody face on. They both looked at me and smiled.

“Miku-chan, are you jealous?”

They laughed. I smirked.

“No, I’m not!”

They looked at each other and quietened down. Luka said that they’re taking me to a popular café in town to celebrate my birthday. Len said that the cake there was very delicious and that sometimes they went there just to eat the famous moist chocolate cake. Just by hearing it makes my mouth watering.
Not long after that, it was recess. Luka and Kaito went to the cafeteria to buy breads. I glanced at the back. Len was in his place. I want to talk to him. I dragged me chair towards him.

“Len,… I…”

Len suddenly got up and I was startled. He walked away towards the dustbin before throwing his leftovers bento away. I watched him as he walked past me towards Neru. Then, they both went out. I was left alone, it hurts when you were left out by everyone. I don’t know why but it hurts deep down inside and my head will feels dizzy as if I was remembering something I forgot about. I wanted to ask Len what I did wrong and I followed behind them. They were walking towards the rooftop.

Suddenly, the memories of me being dragged there were playing on my brain. When I thought of it, my body shivers. I wondered what happened to that guy. I heard the teachers said he was admitted to the hospital too just like his little brother. Len doesn't wants to talk to me about it that I kept quiet.
I followed them far away behind and sometimes hid in various places to prevent them from noticing me, behind the dustbin, the teachers and poles. And when they went inside, I waited outside.

“What am I doing? Stalking someone is totally a bad thing to do!”

I opened the door slightly a bit and peeked inside. Len and Neru were talking and they looks like a couple that I bit my lip again. God grief, I’m jealous. After 5 minutes, Neru went out, smiling. I smirked. I hid deeper inside the dark to prevent her from noticing me. When I saw Len coming out, I shoved him back inside again. Len looked surprised to see me.

“Miku?! What are you doing here?”

“Don’t ask me why I’m here or why I’m doing this because I… I…really don’t know the answers. But I just want to tell you that if I did something wrong again and it really pisses you off, I’m sorry. But being left alone, really hurts, I don’t know why. That’s all,bye.”

“Miku, it wasn't like what you thought it is.”

I ran away and slammed the door, leaving Len behind. I glanced back and Len didn't came after me. I cried and went to the restroom. It took me a while to stop crying. I entered class with two red eyes. Kaito and Luka looked shocked and Len kept trying to talk to me but I kept quiet and pretended not noticing him. When the last class ended, Len kept looking at me but eventually walked away towards Neru and they both went out. I cried again and Luka tried to comfort me by bringing me to the famous café called ‘Maid-chan Kawaii’. I tried the famous moist chocolate cake and it was delicious that I ate four slices. No wonder it was so famous. The, we had strawberry pudding for dessert and I thought it was like the first time I've ate something that delicious.

I rang mom up to say that I’ll be late for dinner. Luka and Kaito were going to take me to watch the new movie, ‘Rise of the Guardian”. I really liked how Jack Frost looks like an anime character and the movie was really interesting also the plot was nice and so was the characters. After the movie ended, it was already 10p.m.  They sent me home and I said goodbye and thanked them for today.

When I came inside, mom was already waiting for me at the kitchen with a cake on her hand. I was shocked as usually mom baked me a cake on the day of my birthday. Mom said Len bought it and she wants me to eat it with him. I refused at first but when mom stared me deep down, I don’t really have the guts to say no. I went to his house and knocked it. His mom opened it and she said that Len waited long for me to come back home. I went upstairs and knocked his door but when no one answered, I opened it myself. KRUH KROH. Len was sleeping. I quietly closed the door and went inside. His bedroom was decorated with balloons and there was a banner hung at the middle and it reads ‘Otanjoubi Omedetou, Miku’. I went around, now that I've thought about it, it was my first time here. I dragged his chair towards his bed. I watched him sleeping while eating the cake. When I thought about what happened today, I felt like choking him to death. After I finished the cake, I went to his desk to put the plate on it. To my surprised, I saw a box wrapped with colorful wrappers and a card was glued on it. I opened and read it.

“Otanjoubi omedetou, baka! I wasn't trying to make you feel sad or anything. It was my first time to celebrate a girl’s birthday so I had to ask for help from Neru. To tell the truth, I was pretty shocked when you shoved me inside the rooftop again because I wasn't expecting you to act like that. And when you came in the class with those crying eyes, I felt like my fragile heart breaking. I promise you I won’t do it again, never ever. By the way, Neru wished you happy birthday and she said she was sorry. So… yeah I don’t really know what to give to you so I hoped you like it.”

I took the box and opened it. There was a pair of socks inside. With cute little skulls on it. Not to say that it looked old, worn and used. I looked at it and somehow I felt like I remembered something but when I thought about it my head felt hurt. It seems like I belongs to someone and it held so much memories. I looked at Len, what is he trying to say? I sat down beside him and stared at him sleeping. I went nearer to his face and gave him a kiss on the cheeks. Thank you. I closed the door without even noticing that he had woke up,

SMILING.

No comments:

Post a Comment