時間

Thursday 29 August 2013

FANFIC- FRAGMENTS OF MEMORIES(7)

I woke up suddenly because I heard a sound of a car stopping in front of the house. I took my cell phone, its 1:00a.m. My head feels really hurt. It seems like my eyes were going to pop out from the eye pocket and someone was squishing my skull. I put my hands of my head, massaging it. Flashes of fragment memories were displayed on my mind. A little boy and a girl were eating ice-creams by the lake. Strawberry and chocolate flavor, ah,… my favorite and Len’s too. Then, the boy gave the girl a box with socks inside it that looks like mine.

“Arghhhh!”

I screamed in pain. PUFF! The fragment memories disappeared like sands falling on the ground. My head felt like someone pulling hard my skin from the skull and then the brain felt like someone grabbing it so tightly that it might get squished.

“Arghhh!My head!”

I heard mom opening the door’s house and footsteps were heard running upstairs. Someone tried opening the door and I went over to unlock it. When I opened it, dad was standing outside with a worried face on. And there was a foreign man beside him, wearing a white uniform with stethoscope around his neck. A doctor? Why is dad here with a doctor so suddenly? I felt that something was wrong.
The doctor examined me and asking how I felt. He opened his suitcase, flipped some files and closed it again. He went to dad and they talked for a while, I stared blankly. The doctor went over to me again with dad.

“As we expected from our researched, the cancer cells were still growing inside her brain. It will take a few operations to remove it. But the fear of her losing her memories again would not be avoidable and the worst is risking her life. Since it is better to move her to United Kingdom for an operation, I suggest you, sir that we do it quickly.”

Cancer cells?Brain?Memories? What is he talking about?

“Argh!!! Daddy, it hurts!”

I grabbed my head. That pain again. Make it go, please.

“Miku, I know it hurts but please bear a little more. Daddy’s going to save you. Daddy’s going to take you again. Like last time to overseas again.”

“Where is daddy taking me? Why is daddy here?  I don’t want to go, I’m happy here! I have friends, finally. 

I want to stay with them. Len! I want to stay with Len always, I promised him. Don’t take me away, please. Mom!”

I saw mom leaning against the door, her eyes went down. Tears were rolling on her cheeks.

“I’m sorry, honey. I can’t do anything. Just let daddy take you like last time. Just let them cure you again.”

“Mommy! Help me, Len!

Dad piggyback me outside. A yellow color taxi was waiting outside. Dad shoved me inside before locking 
the door. Dad sat at the seat in front. Seconds later, the left door opened and mom came inside. I’m so scared that I shivered. What’s going to happen to me? I got brain tumor and I had a memory lost before. So the memory of the boy and girl before was actually me and Len that was erased from my memory bank? My happy childhood memories that were no longer in my possession, I cried. No wonder Len was so shocked to see me, I was his childhood friend. And the time he saw my childhood picture and he was startled at first, oh how I wished I knew it before so that I can ask him about it. I saw a car behind following us that it must be the doctor. Mom and dad kept talking about cancer, operation, tumor and all that I kept quiet. I need to see Len before anything else happen.

I tried to stop the taxi by disturbing the driver. The car went unstable that it went left and right. Dad scolded me that I was being childish. Mom said nothing which made me cried even louder. She usually defends me all the time. And before I knew it, mom took out a syringe from her bag and pressed it on my arm. There was a crystal clear liquid inside it.

“Mom, what did… you… ?”

My eyes were feeling sleepy and my head feels light. And the next thing I knew is that,…

I FAINTED.

I woke up. The headache was still there. I felt drowsy. Did the thing mom gave me before made me fainted? What time is it? Slowly, I glanced my watch. 6:30a.m.? The noise at the background startled me. Where am i?

“30 minutes for the flight to United Kingdom. Passengers are requested to gather at Gate 4E. I repeat Gate 
4E.”

I was shocked, my eyes widened. Why am I at the airport? I glanced around. I need to run. I’m scared, I don’t know what to do anymore. All I know is that I want to see Len. I’ll do whatever I can to see him. I felt someone grabbing from behind, dad! He looked stern when I tried to struggle myself free. The doctor was sitting beside me watching my behaviour. Dad scolded me for disobeying him again, I kept quiet. Mom came a few minutes later, with tickets on her hand.

I was crying so loudly when dad dragged me towards the departure station while mom pushed the luggage’s’ trolley. Everyone was looking but I didn’t care like I used to, I wanted to see Len so badly that I acted stupidly. I just want to see him for the last time at least.

“Miku! Miku! Miku!”

I glanced back and stopped walking. I thought a faint scream of someone calling me. Len? Is he here? I ran back looking for him.

“Len?Len? Where are you? I want to see you!”

I saw Len running towards me, with a few guards chasing behind. I cried, running towards him. He came, I don’t know how happy I was that time.

“My mom told me you’re moving. I came quickly as I can. I’m glad I can see before you depart.”

“Len, I…”

“Miku, I knew all about it. Just go. I want you to be happy rather than see you miserable. Promise me you’ll remember me there. Take good care.”

The guards managed to catch up and I watched as he was dragged away.

“Len,… I ... I love you. I promised I won’t forget again this time.”

Between the crowds, I saw a hand waving, making a peace sign. I cried. I love you. I won’t forget all our memories together. Our times that we built together, one that were so difficult to be erased. Dad grabbed my hand suddenly. Expecting him to get angry instead he smiled at me and I hugged him, crying in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment